The Dubai Tram is considered the first tramway project outside Europe powered by a ground-based electric supply system extending along the track, thus obviating the need for catenary cables. It is also the world's first tramway that uses Platform Screen Doors in passenger stations fully aligned with the tram›s doors opening and shutting mechanism, providing
maximum convenience, safety and security for passengers, and at the same time protecting the quality of the air-conditioning in the interior of
both stations and carriages from external climatic conditions.
Facilities & Equipment
Dubai Tram is a modern and fully automated rail system, providing a vast number of features and services for the convenience of the users. Apart from being the most convenient means of transportation, the highlights of the dubai Tram service are the following:
Convenience and ease of use are the primary objectives of the Dubai tram, so it has been providing all the services that ensure greater comfort and easy accessibility for the all users.
Rules & Code of Conduct
Please don't push
Please respect personal space
Please move along the platform
Please give way to other people
Please move down into the cabins
Please allow passengers to get off the train before you get on
2Suitcases permitted per passenger
All luggage must be stowed in the dedicated luggage area, which can be found in each cabin.
- Causing a disturbance or inconvenience in any way to users of Public Transport and Public Facilities and Services.
- Accessing or sitting in areas designated for specific categories.
- Eating and Drinking in areas where eating and drinking are not allowed.
- Entry into restricted areas inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services in violation of posted warning signs and boards.
- Standing or sitting in non- passenger areas inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.
- Putting feet on seats.
- Bringing animals into Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services, except guide dogs for blind persons.
- Misusing lifts or escalators.
- Boarding the Public Transport Facilities and Services by climbing or jumping.
- Opening the doors or attempting to access or leave Public Transport while it is moving between stations and stops.
- Carrying or using materials or equipment that may cause inconvenience to users of Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services or endanger their safety.
- Parking vehicles in areas designated for metro users for a period exceeding the permitted period. (AED 100 per day & Up to 1000)
- Use of public transport facilities and relevant transport services or to enter or exit the fare zone areas without payment of exact fare.
- Failure to present the Unified Card upon request.
- Using a card designated for others.
- Using an expired card.
- Using an invalid card.
- Selling Unified Cards without prior permission from the Authority.
- Selling or promoting, in any way goods and commodities inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities.
- Failure to comply with the instructions of the inspectors or authorised personnel of the Authority or obstructing the performance of their duties.
- Using Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services contrary to the Authority’s instructions posted on signboards.
- Spitting, littering, or performing any act that would compromise the cleanness of Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.
- Smoking inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.
- Causing any distraction or obstruction to driver of Public Transport Facilities and Services while he is driving.
- Sleeping in passenger shelters or any place where sleeping is prohibited.
- Using Counterfeit card.
- Carrying Alcoholic beverages inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.
- Throwing or causing the throwing of waste on the tracks.
- Carrying hazardous items, including weapons, sharp tools or inflammable materials, inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.
- Damaging, vandalising or destroying equipment or seats on Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.
- Using any security or safety device or tool, including emergency exits where it is not necessary.
- Interfering with or attempting to interfere with the operation of the Tram or affect its safety or the safety of its infrastructure.
- Misuse of the emergency buttons
- AED 15000 Causing an accident leading to bodily injury.
- AED 3000 Unauthorized interception of the Tram on the Tracks.
- AED 30000 Causing an accident leading to death.
- AED 5000 Driving through red light without causing an accident.